Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Really?!?

This edition of "is it just me" is dedicated to the word "really?"  "REALLY?!?"  Some ridiculous things I've come across, let me know what you think? am I crazy? Or is it just me?


So ok, really?  Really?!?  Now you get to smell like poop!  Yes, that's right. poop.  Right now on the market there is a perfume called "Surplus" by Jammie Nicholas that will leave you with the fresh stench of sh*t.  Please hold, I think I just threw up in my mouth.  <blech>  Basically Jammie Nicholas was inspired by this wonderful idea while reading the book "The History of Shit" by Dominique Laporte.  Laporte said "pleasant smells were used to cover bad smells, so it could be suggested that a bad smell could be used to cover pleasant smells."  The perfume has actually sold 25 of the 85 made!  So if you walk by someone who smells like sh*t, hey, they may just be wearing the designer perfume!  <blech>

GROSSSSS


Ok really??  There is a news story about a man in Wisconsin calling 911 because a couple strippers that he met at the strip club earlier didn't show up at his motel.  The strippers that he paid $1,000 for in lap dances "promised they'd stop by.  As if the emergency services team really has nothing better to do than to hunt down some strippers who didn't want to come to your motel to fulfill their "promise" of on the house lap dances.  Really?? Good grief.


Really Burger King?  Really?  Think you're so great that you feel you need to outdo yourselves and have now made a sandwich sure to kill millions.  Introducing the 1160-calorie Meat Monster! Yay! Now you can clog your arteries for less than $10 too!!! Whee!  As of right now its only been introduced in Japan (as what a way to make them feel better for all the hardship they've been dealing with recently?)  This sandwich is composed of 2 hamburgers, 1 grilled chicken breast, 3 slices of bacon, 3 slices of cheese, and 2290mg of sodium, hooray for bloating!  Seriously.  Good grief.



Really?  The Clark County prosecutor in Nevada, David Schubert, who was in charge of prosecuting celebrities such as Paris Hilton & Bruno Mars for their cocaine possession, got busted for....you guessed it....cocaine possession.  Idiot!  Oh and the best part is that he worked on the drug task force! (how convenient)  Really?  Did the irony of the situation make you think there's no way you'd get arrested?  Well you did buddy.  Good work.



Speaking of ironic situations, really?  Elena Ford, an heiress to the Ford Empire was recently charged with a DUI while she also had her 11 year old son in the car!   Elena blew a .14, nearly twice the legal limit.  Did I mention that she is also in charge of the marketing for Ford?  Hey you, lady, if you're ever that drunk again and feel like taking a drive?  Do me a favor and leave your kid at home, not his fault his lushy mama doesn't know what "don't drink and drive" means.  I mean really. 


Last but not least, the one that makes me the angriest.  Really??@?!@?@?

For anyone who didn't hear, last week a news story broke about a 15 month old boy that was accidentally served alcohol in his sippy-cup at an Applebee's restaurant.  Basically the kid was served what they THOUGHT was apple juice and it turned out to be margarita mix that was labeled incorrectly behind the bar.  Why they would serve anything in a sippy cup from behind a bar is beyond me.  They had to rush the kid to the hospital thankfully he was ok, though I wonder if this will have any lasting effect.  Now, a NEW story has just come out about a 2 year old that was served a "tropical sangria" instead of orange juice in a kids cup at an Olive Garden.  WTF people!!!  Doesn't anyone know how to check what they're serving??? Thankfully this 2 year old after going to the hospital was ok.  Really? really?!?  how many more of these stories are going to come out?  Lesson learned, I will now have to inspect every drink that comes to the table for my daughter before she drinks it.



I'd like to end on a positive note.  I wanted to you that my inspiration for this blog entry was based off a skit done on Saturday Night Live called "Really?!"  I think its HIGHlarious...but maybe its just me.  Enjoy.

~*kb*~

1 comment:

  1. Holy Jeez, yes I'm going to always check my son's sippy cup if I ever have anyone else fill it up. That's nuts!

    I'm really liking your blog, btw :)

    ReplyDelete